OMG!!! This book was funny as hell!!! I mean it. I have not read a book that made me laugh as hard as this book did in forever. This book had me laughing so hard, tears and rolling on the floor were involved, not to mention people staring at the crazy chic laying on the floor holding her sides laughing. Ok! Ok! I think you get it. The book is funny. Now to the review…..
The story starts off with Delia breaking up with her boyfriend, since the friend zone is the best place for them. Then she gets a text from a phone number that she does not recognize, confirming a lunch date. Since her brother is always losing his phone she assumes the text is him. WRONG!
Zach is confused who is texting him and calls the person. When a girl answers the phone he is stumped. After the phone conversation with a sassy snarky chic, which he finds entertaining and funny, he keeps texting her.
Delia and Zach continue to text back and forth everyday. They enjoy the banter and become fast friends. Delia is afraid of another relationship failure and when Zach asks to meet she freezes. Can Delia take the next step and meet face to face or will she be too afraid? He could be an ugly ax murderer.
Again and I can’t stress this enough, this book is funny as shit. There was never a dull moment. Delia is sassy, smart and snarky. Zach is sexy, hot and nerdy. Did I mention I love books about nerd romance. *wink wink* I love the sexy nerd references. There was a WTF moment, that I can’t tell you about, but it will have you cursing and disappointed.
I love the characters in this book. Each person having a unique personality or quality that adds to the story. They are alluring and funny. You get caught up in them and can’t stop reading.
Don’t let me forget to mention the star of the book Marshmallow. He is so sweet and adorable. He will have you wrapped up in his cuteness. You will see what I am talking about when you read the book.
I mean it, you have to read this book. You will not regret it. Just be sure you are alone or you may end up embarrassing yourself. I highly recommend this book. It is highly entertaining and a fun read. I think I may have to read it a second time.
*ARC provided by Enticing Journey Book Tours & Teagan Hunter
I give this book stars.
Favorite Book Quotes
- “Are you trying to friend-zone me, Delia?”
- “This is me we’re talking about here. Do you really want me to go hours without eating?” “Excellent point. I don’t want to be trapped in a car for two hours with a hangry food-whore. Grab those snacks- hell, grab extras.” “Extras? Don’t be mean about it.” “I’m not, I’m not. Just being….smart about it.”
- “Lucky Charms. Because just like me, they’re magically delicious.”
- “You’re such a responsible wrong number.”
- “I fell asleep thinking of you.” “Please tell me we’re about to sext.” “The moment I woke up, I ran my hand down my chest between my bountiful breasts. I slowly dragged it across my flat stomach, goose bumps rising along my skin at the touch. It wasn’t until I was right at the opening of my white cotton panties that I decided I wasn’t going to touch myself because WE ARE NOT SEXTING, YOU PERVERT.” “I hate you so much right now.”
And so many more……….stitches man! Stitches!