Thank you to Jay @ This Is My Truth Now for tagging me in this awesome love fail tag. This is going to be so much fun. Also a big thank you to Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities for creating this fun new tag she’s. Here’s what she’s told us:
Let me explain the tag to clarify the confusing title. Basically, I saw a comment on the Webtoon A Budgie’s Life about…romance fails in Webtoons. They cracked me up, even the serious ones! I may not be a romantic, but I found it funny and decided to do this tag. And that’s how this tag came to be. Who knows? I may make a more serious Webtoon list about this later.
- Please PINGBACK to her at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Or just Kate. And PINGBACK TO A SPECIFIC POST. She won’t see the post otherwise, and she’d like to see it.
- At the very top of this post is the post I did the pingback for – other can copy that to make it easier if you’d like!
- You can choose ten romance fails from ANY media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
Here are my choices for Epic Love Fails
1. Twilight Series (Movie and Books) Stephanie Myer
Jacob & Bella – So Edward (Mr Glittery Vampire) leaves Bella (Ordinary Human Chick) and then her and Jacob (Hot Werewolf) get closer. Then Bella does something stupid and Edward comes back. No matter what Jacob tried he could never win her love. It was always going to be Edward. I mean damn she punched him in the face for kissing her. Get a clue dude she doesn’t want you.
2. Titantic (Movie)
Jack & Rose – You have Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) & Rose Dewitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) on an unsinkable ship. Rose is there with her betrothed and mother. She meets Jack, poor man who won his ship fare on a card game and they fall madly in love. Low and behold the ship hits an ice burg and sinks. Jack and her make it off the ship only for her to be saved by a piece of floating debris and him to freeze and drown to death.
3. Age of Adaline (Movie)
Adaline & William – You have Adaline Bowman (Blake Lively) has miraculously remained a youthful 29 years of age for nearly eight decades, never allowing herself to get close to anyone lest they discover her secret. She falls in love with William Jones (Harrison Ford). They have a whirlwind romance and right before he is to propose she disappears. Leaving him is the hardest thing she has to do. Later on in her eight decades of life she meets and falls in love a second time with Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman). Ellis takes her home to meet his father and boom!, it is her love from decades ago. Then she is in a car accident and dies, only to be brought to life via defibrillator. Then the curse is broken and she can age and love with Ellis.
Sorry William your son won this round.
4. Bridget Jones Diary (Movie)
Bridget & Daniel – “32-year-old spinster” Bridget Jones (Renée Zellweger) decides it’s time to take control of her life and she starts keeping a diary. She is cornered at a Christmas party by her mum and introduced to Mark Darcy (Colin Firth), a “top family-law barrister”. She decides that he is not for her, because he is rude. Then she starts shagging her boss Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant). The romance is going good till she tells him she loves him then finds him shagging someone else. Her and Mark are working things out and Daniel shows up and they fight for her. Mark loses. Then Bridget realizes Daniel lied to her about Mark and she rushes to tell Mark how she feels, only to find him going to America and getting engaged. Mark then surprises her with a new diary and romance pledge. Sorry Daniel you lost on this one. He also loses in the second movie too. Ha! Take that Daniel Cleaver.
5. Gone with the Wind (Movie)
Scarlett & Rhett – Scarlett O’Hara (Vivien Leigh), a pretty Southern belle, lives on Tara, a large plantation in Georgia. Despite she has numerous suitors, she only concerns herself only with her desire to marry Ashley Wilkes (Leslie Howard). When Ashley marries his cousin Melanie, Scarlett is devastated and jumps into marriage with Rhett Butler (Clark Gable). They have a child who gets killed riding and horse and Ashley loses Melanie. Scarlett pines for Ashley and Rhett is tired of her crap, so he leaves her. Ashley still has nothing to do with her. Poor Poor Scarlett …….guess what? “Frankly my dear I just don’t give a damn”
Tag Your It