Man, I am sooo honored that I was nominated for another award. I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts. Her page is so wonderful. I think it is neat how she is a librarian. Her page shows her love of books. She is such a pleasant and sweet person. She reads my blog and comments often. I enjoy reading her posts. She makes them exciting and interesting. She is a newbie like me to the blogging world. It humbles me being nominated for awards and interacting with other bloggers like Jenna. It is people like her that make the blogging experience so much fun and success.
A little about my blog Moohnshine’s Corner. I know! I know! It is spelled wrong. That is on purpose. I used to chat in the AOL chat room days under the name Moonshine. Well my account got locked out and I could not use my same name, so my BFF at the time said let’s add an h in there and laugh about it sounding like a cow mooing my screen name. So I added an h and we laughed about it and still do to this day.
I blog about books I read and love. But I also blog about other things, like making a cake or pictures of places I go or want to go etc. I started the blog to share the excitement I get when I read a good book and want to sit and chat about it. I could talk about books for hours. So I started blogging to have an outlet for my book brain.
Ok here it goes………
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
- I love to bake cakes! Birthday, Wedding etc. I have so much fun making cakes. My latest cake was for a little girl turning 10 years old. She wanted a cake that looked like sushi. Here is a picture:
- My favorite dog is a dachshund. I love this dog breed. They are so personable and fun-loving. I have one now name Jack Daniels, JD for short. He is my dog but he loves my husband more. He likes to ignore me. See this picture:
- I enjoy photography. I am by no means a pro, but I do pretty good. I am going to add another page to my blog to post some of my favs.
- My favorite vacation destination is anywhere that has a beautiful beach. I absolutely love the ocean. I feel so peaceful there. Listening to the waves crash while reading a book is like heaven.
- I have two birthdays. Ha! Weird huh? I was adopted when I was two years old by my step-dad. I grew up with my birthday celebrated on the 25th of June. When I married my husband in 2000, I needed a copy of my birth certificate to get my marriage license. So I got in touch with my biological father. He sent me the original one from my birth and it said I was born on the 24th of June. I had to request a current copy, from after the adoption, from the state and it came in with the 25th of June. I guess someone typed it wrong during the adoption. So I have two birthdays. So weird!
- I love movies and music. My movie library is huge. I love all genre of movies. From the classics of Hello Dolly, West Side Story, Grease, Gone with the Wind to older movies like Goonies, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off to current ones like John Wick, The Conjuring, Bad Moms, Fifty Shades, etc.
- I am a cancer survivor. In 2012 I was diagnosed with Hurthle Cell Thyroid Cancer. This is a rare and aggressive form of Thyroid Cancer. I had two surgeries and two rounds of radiation. In 2013 I was cleared and have had no reoccurrence since. It was a very scary time for me. My husband, son, family and friends were all there to support me. I don’t know what I would do without so many loving people in my life.
- I love the theatre. It is a thing my dad (adopted dad) and I do. I have seen several Broadway productions like Cats, West Side Story, Chicago, The Jersey Boys, Fiddler on the Roof, Hello Dolly, Hairspray, The Birdcage, and many more. My wish list of ones to see include Wicked, Phantom of the Opera and Grease.
- Color Me Read
- The Tattooed Book Geek
- Princess of Paperback
- Chelles Book Ramblings
- Read Voraciously
- Abby’s Shelf
- Happily Ever After
- Sue’s Reading Corner
- Keeper of Pages
- Book Worms Shall Rule The World
- Taylor Reads Books
- Geybies Book Blog
- Brizzle Lass Books
Thank you so much Jenna for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. It means the world to me.
If you have been nominated by someone else, I am sorry I did it again. That just means you are awesome. 🙂