A week-long getaway…
City girl Claudia Cade’s carefree life is plunged into chaos when a camping trip with her brother in the national forests of Northern California turns into a deadly dash for her survival.
A solitary world turned upside down…
Nature photographer Shepard Olsen has resigned himself to a quiet existence, with only his dog by his side, until a woman in need of his protection shows up on his doorstep and throws his universe into disarray.
Two lives linked by tragedy…
Claudia is desperate to heal from her traumatic loss, but can’t stop thinking about her run-in with evil….or the grizzled mountain man whose quick thinking and good aim saved her life. When she shows up on Shep’s doorstep again, she finds she isn’t the only one who can’t move on.
…saved by bliss.
The two begin an intense, passionate relationship of Dominance and submission, pleasure and pain, but with dark memories haunting them and decisions about the future rapidly approaching, Claudia can’t help but wonder…how long can they be each other’s haven?
*** WARNING: This book contains a sexual relationship between a fashionista and a cranky mountain man who are dealing with physical and emotional trauma. And a very big, cuddly dog.***
I have to say that this book started off with a bang. From the very first page there was action. It was a really good book. I could compare it to Fifty Shades good.
Claudia is a city girl who is on a vacation with her brother, when everything goes horribly wrong. She is running for her life and comes across a cabin in the woods. Shep is a sexy mountain man with a lot of emotional baggage. He answers the frantic beating on his door from a woman who is hurt bad. Shep saves her and rushes her to the hospital. He stays by her side till the FBI tells him no. Then she is gone. Then one day she returns to say thank you and the attraction heats up. Can she get past her hang ups and his? Can he love?
This book had a great plot. It seems as if Shep has issues with loving someone. Claudia seems to be having a hard time dealing with the whole guy trying to kill her thing. Claudia and Shep are very strong characters. They have a lot on their plate to deal with. The book starts off extremely fast paced. It goes right into the story instead of building up to the rescue (Kind of like that first drop of the roller coaster). Overall the book is good. It tells a deep story of dealing with inner demons. I recommend this book if you like books like Fifty Shades. I give this book 4 Stars.
Check out all the great blog reads at My Kindle Store.
The Wrong Kind of Compatible (A Love Undercover Romantic Comedy)
Data analyst Cassie Howard may be brilliant (and, okay, a little awkward), but she’s worked hard to get where she is. She definitely doesn’t need some sexy new analyst coming in and taking credit for her work. Or the inappropriate thoughts that keep popping out of her mouth she’d rather he not hear.
For undercover FBI agent Drew Kerrigan, computers have always made more sense than people, but he’d better develop some slick social skills in a hurry if he’s going to win over the too-tantalizing-for-his-sanity Cassie. Hacking their systems was easy. Now he’s just got to hack the one person in the company most likely to see through his ruse… release date 06/12/2017
This is the first book by Kadie Scott that I have read. I really enjoyed this book. It was funny smart and sexy.
In this book you have Cassie, who is a highly intelligent data analyst. Drew constantly struggles to live up to her mothers high expectations. She is always compared to her brothers who are highly successful, smart doctors. In walks Drew, sexy as hell, highly intelligent FBI man. Drew is there to investigate Cassie on a high profile cyber case. She is his main suspect. But when their eyes meet for the first time, there is no denying that this girl will be trouble with a capital T. She is just as drawn to him as he is her. Will Drew be able to prove that Cassie is not the bad guy? Will Cassie lose her heart to him and then have it broken?
This book was such a cute, steamy romantic read. I absolutely loved the plot line. It was a bit different than most of the steamy romance books out there. I loved the characters of this story. They were invested in their roles and have wonderful charisma. I love how Cassie speaks her mind without her knowing it. It is extremely funny. Drew is so cute with his “how to” books for interacting with women. And OMG the sexy nerd jokes. Loved it! If this author is not on your read list, then I highly suggest you check her out. Definitely pick this book up. It is a wonderful read. I give it 5 stars.
Remember you can find all these lovely books in My Kindle Store.
By: Julia Imari
This is the first book I have read by Julia. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This book is about a small business girl named Lily who custom designs handbags. She is struggling with her business, trying to keep others from stealing her designs. One day a guy name Alan walks into the store and she is struck by how handsome he is. Alan is a patent attorney who is investigating fraud. As soon as he sees Lily he is struck by her beauty and is curious about how she could be involved. Can Lily save her business and keep her heart from breaking? Can Alan find out who is behind it all and save Lily from danger in the process? This book was extremely well written. The author took her time to develop the story and lay out the plot. The development of the characters were unique and interesting. This story was not rushed. This book will definitely keep you guessing to the very end. You never know who is involved in the whole scheme. Overall it was a very good book. I will read more by this author. I do recommend this book. It’s a very cozy read.
In a charming Massachusetts town, Lily Perfect, a budding, savvy entrepreneur has her sights set on running her own boutique filled with handmade creations. The last thing she wants is the complication of a man. But just when her business begins attracting attention, a dangerously handsome, sexy, and mysterious man strides into her shop and turns her life upside down.
Alan Perry isn’t fooled by Lily’s apparent disinterest. He knows there’s more to her than just her handbags. She has secrets, and he’s determined to reveal them…before she can reveal his. Little does Alan know, he may have just met his match.
All books are available in My Kindle Store.
AWARD: Sunshine Blogger
Thank you to This Is My Truth Now for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger. I am new to blogging and recently connected with Jay. He has a very interesting blog site. Which I have enjoyed visiting on a daily basis. He has many interesting topics such as music and book reviews. On top of all that he post some of his personal writings. I have posted his answers to his questions at the end, so that you can get to know him and check out his blog site.
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award
QUESTIONS FOR ME TO ANSWER
- Where were you when you realized what career you wanted to pursue? Explain.
- I honestly was tired of being in retail business. I worked for auto part stores for 16 years. Then I was given an opportunity to work for a worldwide corporation and jumped on the band wagon. I have never been more happy.
- What age do you want to live to, and why?
- I want to live till I’m well over a hundred. Because life is full of happiness and joy and I will never be ready to leave it behind.
- What book character most annoys you? Explain it.
- Quinn from the Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels by J.R. Ward. His character is a real pain and he is always on the “it’s my way or no way kick”. Poor pitiful me, when things don’t go his way. He dwells on the past too much.
- What are your least and your most favorite of the 50 states? Explain.
- My favorite states are all states with a coast line. I love the ocean and the serenity it brings. My least favorite states will be those in the North, since I hate cold weather and snow.
- Where do you go when you need to feel comfortable, and why?
- I will go to my room. Because nothing is better than curling up under the covers and reading a good book.
- What book do you most want to see made into a movie? Explain.
- The Charley Davidson Series By: Darynda Jones. Because not only are they exciting they are funny as hell! I would love to see Charley Grim Reaper at work on the big screen.
- What is your favorite type of weather? Explain.
- Summer – Less pollen count and more beach weather.
- What past life do you wish you had, and why?
- I never considered having a past life. Not sure, but maybe an ancient Egyptian Princess. I have always found Egypt to be fascinating.
- Which president would you want to meet? Explain.
- Benjamin Franklin – because he is a scientist who was a key leader in electricity. Where else would a/c come from.
- How did you find out about WordPress? Details please…
- I was walking with a friend one day and she suggested I start a blog. I checked online to compare and found wordpress.
- Where are you when you draft your blog posts? Explain!
- At home or at work. Depends on when I have a review due or if I have something I think I want to share at the time.
QUESTIONS JAY ANSWERED
- What is your favorite book from childhood/young adulthood?
- If you were given $50 right now to spend on books, what books would you buy?
- Origin by Dan Brown
- A Column of Fire by Ken Follett
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
- Vacation to the mountains or hide from the sun!
- Name one book that you really disliked reading or an author whose work you can’t stand?
- The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy… don’t make me remember it, please! Go see my reviewif you need to know more.
- If you could meet any literary character, who would it be and why?
- Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. She embodies all the things I love!
- What are you currently watching on tv (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc (that you would recommend?
- Grace and Frankie, Younger, Young & Hungry, How To Get Away With Murder, Kimmy Schmidt, Great British Baking Show, Falcon Crest, Scandal, Modern Family, The Real O’Neals, SNL, Schitt’s Creek, Downward Dog, Mom, Life in Pieces, Who Do You Think You Are?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Teacher, Architect or Writer
- Which book has left the most lasting impression on you?
- What’s the weirdest or most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
- I tend not to eat things unless I know what they are, but I have tried frog’s legs. They were OK, nothing to write home about!
- Which character in a book do you think is most like you?
- In about 25 years, Qwill from the “Cat Who” book series! LOL
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES TO ANSWER
- What famous person’s death has affected you the most, and why?
- Who is your favorite author, and why?
- What book character is most like you, and why?
- What destination would be on your bucket list? Explain.
- Where is your favorite place to read, and why?
- What movie adaption of a book do you like the most and which do you hate, and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What extreme sport would you try, and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I want to thank Jay for the nomination and the opportunity to share a little about myself with you all. I look forward to your feedback and hope to see your responses soon. Have a wonderful day full of Sunshine. J
Better hurry! The Liliana Hart Book Release contest ends at midnight tonight. All you have to do is click the link below and click the Amazon Box to see if you win. It is that simple. You could win the Addison Holmes Mystery Box set. No purchase necessary.
Enter to win by clicking on the Amazon box above. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends the earlier of May 24, 2017 11:59 PM PDT, or when all prizes are claimed. See Official Rules http://amzn.to/GArules.